- Name: Modelo de Policía de Proximidad (Mexico)
- Area of Application: Policing
- What kind of AI according to the project's official information: Machine learning
- Goals: Predict where a crime might happen, what type of crime, day, and time. “To get the most out of the data collected through several public surveillance and public service systems, the General Department of Public Security (DGSC, Dirección General de Seguridad Ciudadana), together with Microsoft’s partner Analytikus, developed a policing intelligence solution with analytical and predictive capabilities, which uses data to provide intelligence and information to facilitate tactical and strategic decision making.”
- How does it work according to the project's official information: “Built entirely in the Azure cloud, the solution uses Azure Data Factory to automate data flow and information processing, Microsoft Machine Learning to run predictive mathematical models, and Power BI to build data visualization dashboards.
Data from 15 sectors of the city, collected through different public surveillance and public service systems, are processed to extract relevant information, such as the type of crime committed by sector and the modus operandi of the alleged criminals. Then, using Power BI dashboards, crime trends are visualized with different cross-checking of information, such as area, time, geography, and even details of each criminal act. In this way, the solution is intended to predict or determine the models in which criminals operate, so that authorities can determine what are the best tactics to preventively dismantle their intentions. Using this model, it would be possible to predict the chances that a certain type of crime could be committed at a specific place, day and time.”
- Possible bias: Stigmatization, discrimination and criminalization of most vulnerable people.
- Public Institutions Involved: Secretaría de Seguridad de Ciudad Nezahualcoyotl
- Companies/Private Institutions Involved: Analytikus and Microsoft
- Related links with further information:
- Combate ao crime organizado no México com Solução de IA e Modelos Preditivos, available at: https://customers.microsoft.com/es-mx/story/seguridadneza-azure-powerbi-sql-es-mexico